Author Topic: Defeating the Survival Lich?  (Read 3538 times)

Amran

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Defeating the Survival Lich?
« on: January 23, 2014, 06:34:52 AM »
Does anyone have tips for beating the lich in the newer survival level? My friends and I have tried many three and four player games and don't have much trouble leading up to the boss, but we've found it impossible to defeat him without crutches. He has a base of 20000hp (which seems to be multiplied depending on the number of players in the game), and one hit kill attacks.

It would be interesting to know what tactics are out there, and how one can deal enough damage to complete the level on normal and hard.

Enjay

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Defeating the Survival Lich?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 10:07:50 AM »
It seems like the go-to strategy for this is to have friends deal with all of the additional enemies, while one ranger attacks from outside of the lich's missile-range. Solo it seems like it would be nearly impossible, and trying to kill the lich with melee seems like a long-shot as well. It is by far the hardest fight in the packaged hammerwatch game. Good luck :D
Every time I post I get nervous because I feel like the devs are judging me.

Amran

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Defeating the Survival Lich?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 06:55:26 AM »
We just wrapped this one up using a similar strategy, thanks for the help! It turns out that we were always starting the lich battle early (from accidentally stepping on the trigger left of the shop teleporter), which meant having weaker characters and the enemy waves still spawning.

Playing it all the way through allows for quite a bit more resource gathering, and makes the end battle much simpler.

A good strategy was posted here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/239070/discussions/0/558746088899390431/