Yes.
2 (50%)
No.
0 (0%)
Squirrel.
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: October 28, 2013, 12:33:57 PM

Author Topic: Light bulb!  (Read 4588 times)

Nog

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Light bulb!
« on: September 28, 2013, 12:30:56 PM »
Dedicated Server. :) Shouldn't be to hard to flesh one out .

Nog

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Light bulb!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 12:58:38 PM »
I'll volunteer some of my spare time to helping make one.

When I'm not sleeping,watching netflix,coding.
I'm playing Hammerwatch!

I like to code(C#,Pascal(I know dead language but it's where I started!)) and pixel in my spare time.
I'd like to say I'm a independent game developer.
But,I've yet to release a game( :p only because I haven't finished my engine 40 hours in so far http://i.imgur.com/AtcxK9S.png).

I think it would increase your guy's sales to actually see games in the serverlist (even if they're empty dedi's).

With that said,I will also volunteer some of my resources too hosting.I will host 5-10 depending on resource/bandwidth consumption on my dedi box.

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »
Until hammerwatch is more capable of dropin/out or you have some way to hack around that a dedicated server isn't really going to help much yet. Plus I presume hammerwatch is peer to peer, the same reason PvP isn't ideal yet either.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 03:23:46 PM »
We have been talking about dedicated servers and also drop in before, if and how this is going to happen will be answered in the future. We are working on more content for the game as we speak (atm I'm trying to paint a desert =(), but it's a bit slow, because we are also sorting out a lot of side matters that indirectly involves the future development of this game.

Nog

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »
Well,if you guys need any help.I offer my services a developer :) coding/pixeling is my thing.