Author Topic: Editor wont run levels  (Read 3801 times)

Naddox

• Dungeon Builder
    • View Profile
Editor wont run levels
« on: September 28, 2013, 09:34:02 PM »
Been working on a level with the editor but every time I try to run a test, it says the game crashed. Here is my error.txt

Code: [Select]
--- UNHANDLED EXCEPTION - 9/28/2013 3:34:01 PM - HMW 1.1 DEBUG ---
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ARPGGame.LevelList.GetLevelFile(String level) in c:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\LevelList.cs:line 161
   at ARPGGame.LevelList.LoadLevel(WorldNode world, WorldDrawer worldDrawer, String level, SObject save) in c:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\LevelList.cs:line 173
   at ARPGGame.GameBase.ClearLevel() in c:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\GameBase.cs:line 505
   at ARPGGame.GameBase.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\GameBase.cs:line 865
   at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.OnUpdateFrame(FrameEventArgs e) in c:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 689
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseUpdateFrame(Stopwatch update_watch, Double& next_update, FrameEventArgs update_args)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at ARPGGame.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 206
------

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Editor wont run levels
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 09:57:51 PM »
If your trying to use the run level from the editor you might have better luck if you copy paste the entire hammerwatch folder to another location (I use my desktop) for now and run the editor from there. Hopefully they will fix it at some point to work directly, might just be an issue with steam or something.

Naddox

• Dungeon Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 10:10:45 PM »
It worked when I first started my level a couple days ago but last night was first time i got this error.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »
Yeah same happened to most of us - gotta copy and paste the whole hammerwtach directory to your program files folder and run the editor from there instead of from steam