Author Topic: Custom Map Crashing Others  (Read 3585 times)

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
Custom Map Crashing Others
« on: June 08, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »
For some reason the map series I have created crashes during multiplayer for everyone else except for the computer is was created on. I'm 99% sure levels/info.xml's are created properly. I've verified that if someone who crashed on the original map takes them prepacking and packs them on their computer then they can play crash free, also all of the levels play fine in test editor. The error log gives the following message:

Code: [Select]
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION - 6/7/2014 8:09:44 PM - HMW 1.22 ---
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Radius must be more than 0 meters
Parameter name: radius

I've tried looking through all of the custom content and the maps in xml format for a mention of 'radius' but haven't come across anything.

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Map Crashing Others
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 12:42:10 AM »
So my previous issue seems to have taken care of itself, I suspect it might have had something to do with improper minimap icons for some custom assets but I'm not sure.

For anyone still interesting in helping me troubleshoot here's one for you:

Player 1 creates a map and runs it through levelpacker.exe. He then hosts a game using said map that Player 2 proceeds to download. The game starts fine, except that there are some elements on Player 1's screen that do not appear on Player 2's screen. When Player 1 interacts with these elements it causes Player 2's game to crash. Note that there are custom assets that appear fine for both players.

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Map Crashing Others
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 10:41:45 AM »
My only guess is you made custom assets and have them in the main game folders instead of the mods folders which isn't packing them.

The initial error your posted would be to do with a custom enemy since it says the radius parameter is wrong or missing.