Technical Support > Technical Support

Everything is red?

(1/4) > >>

InfinitySquirrel:
Hi, I posted this in the steam forums as well but have not gotten a response yet. When I try to place a tile/doodad/light/character/whatever in the editor it shows up as solid red. When I try to test the level the tiles and objects show up with their correct textures, but in the editor it is solid red. This makes it virtually impossible to create a good map as I cannot tell where objects are due to everything being the same color. Also, when right clicking on a tile/object from selection menu, I see an option "open file". When I click this hammerwatch gives an error saying it cannot find the file. Am I just missing the textures? How do I fix this? Any help is appreciated as I have not gotten a response on steam forums for 4 days.
Photo is attached if needed.

Myran:
Hey, sorry about not responding on the Steam forums yet. This is a pretty rare bug it seems (although it's hard to know since we don't know how many people really start the editor), so I don't have a real fix yet. Have you updated your video card drivers? It would help a lot if you could send me your dxdiag info (see http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/ on how to get it), and also the game.log file from the game directory. Please either post them here, or if you want them to be private (the dxdiag does contain some info about your system) you can email them to error@hammerwatch.com

Until I can find a fix for this I would recommend downgrading to version 1.2 by right-clicking Hammerwatch in your Steam library and pick properties, then go in to the Betas tab and enter the code "OldVersion120", this should enable the old_1.2 from the drop down list. Just select it and verify the integrity of game cache to force Steam to download the update. The old version is compatible with the new one so you can still player multiplayer with people who has the new version and all that.

InfinitySquirrel:
Thank you for responding, going back to 1.2 lets me see different colors in the editor. I have not my updated video card drivers recently, and to be honest I am not really sure if I know how to... I have tried in the past but always ran in to problems, mainly the update checker either not working at all or not recognizing what I have. I wouldn't think I had anything besides default for this type of system, but it doesn't like it. I should probably look into being able to determine if I need an update at some point, but it hasn't affected many games in major ways. I went ahead and sent my dxdiag info anyways, maybe I can get some help from there.

FFSnipe:
this happened to me as well when i upgraded. actually we seem to be the only ones with this problem. I have since dropped to 1.2 BUT my laptop failed so i am firing up my old XP rig. what PC are you running? version of windows?

I will check to see if it is an issue with this one as well btw

InfinitySquirrel:
Currently running Windows 7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version