Author Topic: [Suggestion] Comment Script  (Read 4336 times)

Enjay

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Comment Script
« on: January 15, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »
More or less, I would like to see a script node in game where it had absolutely no purpose other than holding some in-editor text that was visible when you clicked on it.
Currently I'm thinking of using AnnounceText scripts just to accomplish this, but they show rather limited text.

Ideally this would have an icon that was visually dissimilar from the other nodes so as to say "Hey! I'm a comment!"

This would be great so as to set up large strings of logic that might become muddled.
Every time I post I get nervous because I feel like the devs are judging me.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Comment Script
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 01:50:23 PM »
I think the reason why we don't have things like this is because the editor doesn't support UI overlay or something. But I have from the start requested text that can be written in the editor, like a text field, name the enteties and things like that.

Enjay

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:49:11 PM »
Could there be a node that didn't actually do anything, but had numerous text input fields?

Example Below, incoming photo-shop skills:

It's super ugly, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 12:36:43 AM »
Seems like a very simple thing to create yes and then the game would exclude it while loading the level. I would much rather have a better solution, but since that might not happen, this could be the best possible solution, the text field should just be a big one, instead of several small, probably better...

Enjay

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 12:50:10 AM »
Yeah, a big single field would be better, but A) This was pretty easy for me to photoshop, and B) I had no idea if that was the kind of thing that could be done easily, where I assumed just making more fields was something that would be pretty easy.

Seeing it in editor would certainly make me happy :)