Author Topic: Full screen and resolution change  (Read 14215 times)

sfruski

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Full screen and resolution change
« on: January 27, 2014, 06:30:56 PM »
I have just installed Hammer watch and am having a lot of trouble getting the game to change resolution and/or run at full screen.  (Trying to change resolution to 1080p.)

I have only been able to play at the default resolution in windowed mode when the game fist opens up.  If I go into the options menu and change the resolution, it changes, but the screen becomes far off center.  I only end up seeing the top left hand portion of the screen.  If I try and change the resolution back, I still only see the top left.

If I leave the game at the default resolution and try and go full screen it does one of two things.  The first is is goes off center, but sometimes it will go full screen.  When it does go full screen the windows task bar shows up on the bottom of the screen.

What can I do to get the game to go to 1080p res, and full screen?

Thanks for the help and ideas.

System Specs:
Windows 7 using Steam
z77 motherboard  --  current intel drivers
intel 2500k
8gb ram
samsung ssd
nvidia gtx 560 graphics card  --  current video card drivers
Realtek sound something or other  --  current sound drivers

sfruski

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Full screen and resolution change
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:34:55 PM »
After playing with the settings last night, I was able to get it to stay in full screen.  However, the windows taskbar is still on top.  I was able to remedy this by setting it to auto-hide.

I still have the problem that if I try and up the resolution it will only show me the top left portion of the screen.  The game seems to be defaulting to 853x625, and other times 1280x720.

Any ideas?

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 05:38:15 PM »
try to manually go in and edit the config file. before you start hammerwatch, open the file in notepad and find the screen resolution lines. change them to what you want them to be. also, make sure you put "true" to full screen or however its set up. (might be true, might be 1) i will check my config file shortly when I redownload the game. for now, you can check this and see what you can come up with until i get the exact information.

EDIT: i have seen people run Hammerwatch with triple wide monitor setups, so I know you havent hit max resolution.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:40:49 PM by FFSnipe »
Spoils to the victor...

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 05:46:18 PM »
Sorry for double post but here we go...

go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hammerwatch ( or wherever its located ) and find the config.xml file. open it in notepad or something similar. scroll down and find this:

<Resolution>
      <Width>HOWWIDEYOUWANTIT</Width>
      <Height>HOWHIGHYOUWANTIT</Height>
      <Fullscreen>true</Fullscreen>
      <LetterBox>false</LetterBox>

if you want a 1080 resolution, put 1920 as width and 1080 as height. also, make sure you put fullscreen to true. just in case its set to false.
Spoils to the victor...