Author Topic: Area player buffs  (Read 2972 times)

terisye

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Area player buffs
« on: January 09, 2014, 12:34:29 AM »
     I am trying to create Paladin temple. Inside of this temple all players will get off1 off2 but upon leaving the area they will lose this buff. I am trying to run two area triggers that fire change upgrades (tried some toggle elements too). The problem here is that is permanently adds/removes these buffs even if you bought them or had not bought them yet.
     If possible, I would like to make this buff to apply only for paladins in the area and likewise make a mage area where they would get buffs ect. ect.
     Also is there a way to make it so that instead of gaining off1 off2, you would recieve upgrade_defense or upgrade_offense in these areas?

I think these are great ideas and it would help me greatly if anyone has found out a way to make this happen :D

Enjay

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Area player buffs
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:25:29 AM »
As far as implementation goes, I'm not 100% on how to do this, but I believe that if you make exact copies of all of off1 and off2, and make them some separate catagory (Let's call it offp), then you would be able to have the players purchases of the original upgrades (off1 and off2) be separate from the granted upgrades in the temple (offp).

The only problem I can foresee with this is that it might accidentally double the upgrades if they have already purchased them, giving too much damage, but I don't know how exactly the buffs work.
Every time I post I get nervous because I feel like the devs are judging me.