Author Topic: Tiles not rendering?  (Read 7513 times)

Caretaker

• Izzet Staticaster
    • View Profile
Tiles not rendering?
« on: May 22, 2014, 03:11:52 AM »
Hello everyone! Aspiring map maker and editor here. I seem to have run into an issue or overlooked something obvious (probably the latter). For some reason the tiles in my editor are made up of nothing but red squares. As you can imagine this makes for a pretty hard editing process. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or this is how the editor actually works. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like when doing anything:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kashlavor

• Spike Dodger.
    • View Profile
Re: Tiles not rendering?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 08:38:16 AM »
Did you unpack the assets?  Dragging the "assets.bin" onto "resource extractor.exe"?  That's the only thing I can think of.

Also try changing which layers are rendered by messing with the options up top.  Especially try disabling the lighting layer.

Are you running the hammerwatch editor from inside the folder it started in, or did you move it?

Does this happen with doodads as well, and chaacters, or only tiles?

No expert on Hammerwatch, that's all I can think of.  Other info such as os and anything else relevant may be needed for some actual bug reporting/troubleshooting.

Last random thought, what's the full path to your Hammerwatch install? (As in, what series of folders is it in). Is there a space anywhere in it?
Starting work on the Lair of the Archnecromantrix, a Hammerwatch campaign!

Lorencia

• Lore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »
@Caretaker: It seems that you are not the only one facing such a problem. I've got the same issue as you do. Tried to find out an answer how to fix it on zee steam forums of Hammerwatch, but couldn't find any clue(or maybe I'm just bloody blind, excuse me for it then). I hope that somebody will explain us what to do in such a matter.

@Kashlavor: Thank you for your kind help, but dragging the assets.bin onto resource extractor.exe didn't work out. Neither messing with the options. Tried to re-install aswell. About your question: no, it doesn't happen only for the tiles. It happens for all of the game objects.

If anyone knows the solution I would be more than glad to know about it, thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Caretaker

• Izzet Staticaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 05:44:54 PM »
Did you unpack the assets?  Dragging the "assets.bin" onto "resource extractor.exe"?  That's the only thing I can think of.

Yes, it does nothing.

Quote from: Kashlavor
Also try changing which layers are rendered by messing with the options up top.  Especially try disabling the lighting layer.

Also does nothing.

Are you running the hammerwatch editor from inside the folder it started in, or did you move it?

Initial folder. It wasn't moved.

Does this happen with doodads as well, and chaacters, or only tiles?

Happens with every single tile. All are displayed as indistinguishable red blocks.

No expert on Hammerwatch, that's all I can think of.  Other info such as os and anything else relevant may be needed for some actual bug reporting/troubleshooting.

Windows 8 64-bit
Intel Pentium CPU G3220 @ 4.00GHz
4GB RAM
Intel HD GFX Card (unspecificed)

Basically your run-of-the-mill family computer.

Last random thought, what's the full path to your Hammerwatch install? (As in, what series of folders is it in). Is there a space anywhere in it?

The usual place.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hammerwatch

The only possible way for the editor to display properly is by using a beta build of it which doesn't have the full tilesets. I tried such things as using the beta build and using the assets from the current build but it doesn't seem to want to run with them.

Quote from: Lorencia
@Caretaker: It seems that you are not the only one facing such a problem. I've got the same issue as you do. Tried to find out an answer how to fix it on zee steam forums of Hammerwatch, but couldn't find any clue(or maybe I'm just bloody blind, excuse me for it then). I hope that somebody will explain us what to do in such a matter.

I posted this message on the steam community, the subreddit, and here. It seems like there are a decent amount of people having this problem. Really a shame because I really enjoy the game and would love to start building my own campaign.

mrepic13

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 07:40:35 PM »
Hello everyone! Aspiring map maker and editor here. I seem to have run into an issue or overlooked something obvious (probably the latter). For some reason the tiles in my editor are made up of nothing but red squares. As you can imagine this makes for a pretty hard editing process. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or this is how the editor actually works. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like when doing anything:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I think the problem has to do with pentium.  I have this problem too and have an intel pentium.

hoffa911

• Monkey With A Gun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 05:27:53 PM »
I too am having issues with the editor giving me the unloaded tile issue. Trying to load the level to at least get an idea of what it looks like crashes the game as well. That said, before I bought the game from Steam, I had a pirated a copy of hammerwatch to see if I would enjoy it. The editor off the pirated copy worked with no problems. So maybe it's the steam version? Or perhaps has something to do with a recent update? The pirated copy I had was v1.0 or something like that.

RPG_Fatality

• A monster's nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 04:03:31 PM »
I also have this problem, which sucks because I was really looking forward to finally being able to use the map editor after several months, but no luck. I hope someone knows the answer to this problem, and I will be watching this page vigilantly.

DivinityArcane

• wat
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 03:34:12 AM »
This is a common issue, and there are other threads about it as well. The only real solution available is to update your graphics drivers. OpenTK (which the editor uses to render the tiles) has some issues with Intel chipsets [and possibly others] that can also cause this.

Ykanns

• The be u Tiful
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 04:34:25 AM »
I Had the same problem,i downloaded the 1.2 version,and it worked,here in the forum have a solution,search for it and you'll find it,im sure.
I have a badger named Alfredo. he does not like assholes