Author Topic: Two Editor UI Questions - Remove "Object" selection + Mass select  (Read 3871 times)

Chumble

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Let's say you have a ToggleElement and a TimerTrigger script. You want the ToggleElement to affect the TimerTrigger turning it on. Select the "ToggleElement" and press the "Object" button. This will put the green border around your map and let you know you're now selecting objects to be affected by the ToggleElement. You select the TimerTrigger but also accidentally select one other thing.

Is there any way to remove links of this type? In other script connections (done with ctrl+alt+left click) you can simply repeat the process and it will remove it... but this doesn't work for the other type.

My other question, is there any way to select across multiple layers? If I have a torch doodad, a wall, and a script that makes it so the torch lights up when you get near it, can I copy this whole setup in one go or do I need to do it piece by piece and re-assign the scripts to point to the objects?

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Two Editor UI Questions - Remove "Object" selection + Mass select
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 03:20:17 PM »
Yes good question! If while you're in this 'select object' mode you press and hold CTRL while clicking - it should remove that node from the selection. Sometimes it takes more than 1 Ctrl+click you ahve to sit there ctrl+clicking it for a bit until it goes away. (At least in my experience)

As for your second question, selecting and copy/pasting things between object layers is not currently possible. you can select all of the scripts, or all of the doodads, but right now you can't select both doodads and scripts in the same go.

Chumble

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
Thanks for that.

One amendment to the first question .. what does the "+" mean on the object button? If I select one object, it says "1+0".

As far as the selecting across multiple layers, it wouldn't be so bad but when you copy scripts that have links/connections to doodads/objects, the pasted scripts will still connect to the original objects. Very annoying to need to remove those. Oh well. Editor is still lots of fun :)

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 04:23:13 PM »
I'm not exactly sure, but I think it has something to do with how many nodes are attached to the node that it's pointed to. So if you point to two nodes that have 2 each, it would be 2 + 4 for the 2 you selected and each of the 2 they have. I could be way wrong, I never actually paid attention to that.