Author Topic: Question about decompiling and locating core files  (Read 4245 times)

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
Question about decompiling and locating core files
« on: September 06, 2013, 12:49:53 AM »
So I have decompiled the dlls and I'm having a hard time locate the core files of the game and all the mobs. Could I get a little bit of insight on where they're located or if I shouldn't be going in the dlls and rather you have me completely unpack the game somehow. This is my first time modding a game like this so bare with me, Hipshot, Linaru and Myran.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Question about decompiling and locating core files
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 02:22:36 AM »
You can unpack the whole game's resources into an 'assets' folder in your installation directory. Just drag the .bin from the hammerwtch folder to the resourceextractor.

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 04:04:01 AM »
You can unpack the whole game's resources into an 'assets' folder in your installation directory. Just drag the .bin from the hammerwtch folder to the resourceextractor.

Ohh thanks! Now good sir, you've just unlocked my doorway to making mods for this great game! I give thee my thanks :)

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 02:07:59 AM »
If you're looking for the actual AI it's in the .exe file, decompile that and look at the ARPGGame.ActorBehaviors namespace. The most interesting ones are probably BaseEnemyBehavior, MeleeActorBehavior, RangedActorBehavior, CasterActorBehavior.

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 03:35:00 AM »
If you're looking for the actual AI it's in the .exe file, decompile that and look at the ARPGGame.ActorBehaviors namespace. The most interesting ones are probably BaseEnemyBehavior, MeleeActorBehavior, RangedActorBehavior, CasterActorBehavior.

I found some of those in the dlls too, so it wasn't too hard to find that.

EDIT: Doesn't look like you can decompile the .exe, I think we need a dll extractor to edit such things.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:26:11 AM by Clarity »