Author Topic: Wallplacer - tool  (Read 4018 times)

Pumbus

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Wallplacer - tool
« on: August 30, 2013, 11:37:13 PM »

Hi there,

this is a tool that enables you to use images for creating walls in maps, that are not theme_a walls.

This is the tool:              https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4ds5nqgaawnlie/Dummywalls0.5.7z

Placing walls really annoys me as it is repetitive and boring, so when I read that one may use an image to do the placing I thought I was saved (thanks Linaru). But only using one kind of wall theme is very boring so I tried to find a way to do the same thing with other themes. This tool only is a easy and cheap workaround, but I'll try to develop something better during the upcoming weeks.
For now you also need autohotkey:
                                      www.autohotkey.com

Basically the theme_a is replaced by a dummy-theme (theme_a is redubbed theme_1; theme_a is the dummytheme) and there is a macro (for windows only  :( ) that can auto-replace the dummy-walls by the desired wall type.
It works quite well as long as the origin point and the collision model is identical for the dummy-walls and the desired-walls.
Even if this is not true (bonus_themes) the "tool" is quite helpful as it places all walls near the location you want them to have (for bonus_themes you'll have to drag and drop all up tiles 1 tile).

Under editor/Dummywalls there is a Readme-file that also explains how to use it.
Install the wallmaker by dropping the editor- and assets-folder into your Hammerwatch-folder.

Your normal Hammerwatch theme_a walls will look really weird when starting the game, because they will look like the dummywalls. You can change that by either replacing the a.png in the theme_a folder with the original (theme_1/1.png) before playing or by dragging the assets folder out of the Hammerwatch before launching the game.

I hope you'll have fun with it.

The Wallreplacer macro was written with a QWERTZ-keyboard this probably is an issue. If you have tested it with a QWERTY or the like please post your experiences.

Xeronkar

• Boss scripter
    • View Profile
Re: Wallplacer - tool
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 11:49:31 PM »
Thanks for sharing your work ! :)

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
Re: Wallplacer - tool
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 11:54:59 PM »
as long as your walls use the same structure as the theme_a walls you can place the theme_a walls and use an edit replace tool to swap their file paths inthe level xml with a different theme.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:10:26 AM by Linaru »
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap
-----------------------------------------------------------