Author Topic: Can i place different spawn locations for each player on level start?  (Read 4726 times)

GoldenFeast

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
I am making a map, and i placed 4 spawn locations on level start (it's better in multiplayer) but i have no idea if that works...
Is there even a way of doing that? Because that would be awesome. And if this is doable, maybe i can specify in which location each player will spawn? Thanks.
Go home bugs, you're drunk.

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Can i place different spawn locations for each player on level start?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 03:28:11 PM »
Currently, nope.

Biggest issue is last time I checked there isn't any split screen local coop so intentionally moving players far apart does not work well.

GoldenFeast

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 03:53:46 PM »
Ok then, i hope they will include this in a future update. Thanks for your answer.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »
Yea, there's no support for that and as Neko says, with the local coop as it is, it's a bad thing to make things so that players have to move to far apart. At least I need to think about that when doing official levels.

If the level works in SP then it should work in MP too, just that you are more people.

GoldenFeast

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 12:42:38 AM »
First i just placed 4 spawns and i was like "probably not...", and then i tried some other stuff but none of them felt like they were going to work. I had the idea that distance between players must be an issue, but my friends and i always split and we never had encountered any limit problem till then, besides the fair exit area restriction, so i thought i should give it a try. Like, if i could spawn players on different places in a small room. Nevermind though.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »
I thought, back in the days that it would be fun to be able to spawn people in different locations and then they would eventually meet up. I still think it will be a fun thing to try, but it won't happen for this game.
I mean, if you build a large city or whatever, spawn in different parts of it, class based or something.