Author Topic: Need help opening my port  (Read 5306 times)

Syrin

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Need help opening my port
« on: March 01, 2014, 03:23:35 AM »
I am NOT a PC tech person, but I can mess around to some extent.   I went into my router, set my single port forwarding for 9996 and 9995 to "Both".   When I try to endable and save it asks me to enter an "IP Address octet between 1-254".   I have no idea what to do.   Please advise.   I bought 4 copies of this game for me and my kids to play multi-player, and so far we can't do it.

Thanks in advance

Prem

• Handler
    • View Profile
Re: Need help opening my port
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 08:34:28 AM »
Just forward 9995 on both.  That's what I did and I have no issues.  Also, you know you can play with controlers, right?  Didn't need to buy four copies. haha
Too legit to quit.

MadMan

• Faggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 08:50:48 AM »
I think the enter an ip adress between 1-264, is your computers personal ip. So type "ipconfig" in command prompt, and there should be something sayign 192.168.0.X . Whatever the value of X is is what you should type in. I might be wrong, who knows, worth trying.

Nicholas Steel

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »
Open a Command Prompt and type:

ipconfig /all

You'll want the IPv4 address of the "Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection", or whatever network device you're using to connect to the internet. Octet is each portion of the IP Address separated by a full stop.

So 192.168.1.1 means:

are all Octets.

The IPv4 address you're after is not the same IP Address that you're using to connect to the internet with (Not the same as the one you'd see at www.whatismyip.com for example).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:10:51 PM by Nicholas Steel »
Windows 7 x64
Intel i7 920 CPU
ASUS P6T Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce 560Ti Video Card
Auzentech Forte Soundcard

Syrin

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 02:21:09 AM »
Okay so I opened the port I think as I found the "preferred" octet number, and I was using 9995 both times (that was a typo), but still NOTHING.   Do I have to worry about the "IPv6" firewall?

JolietJake

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 03:59:21 PM »
Note that if you are playing with your kids, or anyone else in the same house, on the same wi-fi/Ethernet network, they can connect the host by putting in their internal IP address usually like 192.168.2.8 depending on the router (can do the "ipconfig /all" to find it, not the one listed in game).  This ip different than your external IP which is found at http://www.ipchicken.com/. For internal IP addresses, no port forwarding should be needed.

Hope it helps.