Author Topic: MoveAI and Path Nodes  (Read 5678 times)

Kashlavor

• Spike Dodger.
    • View Profile
MoveAI and Path Nodes
« on: September 28, 2013, 01:18:31 PM »
So how can I have a script element which spawns a few enemies, then tells them to go somewhere?  Like in the Hero Defense mode.

I see how you can use MoveAI to get actors to follow nodes, but I'm not sure how you can dynamically select new actors to move.
Starting work on the Lair of the Archnecromantrix, a Hammerwatch campaign!

samuelbenjamin

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: MoveAI and Path Nodes
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 05:49:15 AM »
Its not easy to get the  spawns  few enemies as there is no specific ways to do, but still I will find if anything exist in these way.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 02:30:44 PM »
Are you saying there is not a way to spawn just a few enemies? I believe there is, I use something like that for a trap. If you use SpawnObject you can spawn a specific amount of whatever you want - is there a way to have them follow nodes after being spawned?

Chumble

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 03:07:50 PM »
From what I have gathered, you can't apply the MoveAI to creatures spawned with the SpawnObject. I don't believe it will allow you to set the SpawnObject script as the "entity" for the MoveAI.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 03:19:04 PM »
It will, if while you're selecting that node you right-click on the spawn object and choose 'last spawned' or somethign to that effect. It's the only option when right-clicking the spawn object script node. So you CAN select creatures with scripts that are spawned in this way.

Chumble

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 03:45:25 PM »
It will, if while you're selecting that node you right-click on the spawn object and choose 'last spawned' or somethign to that effect. It's the only option when right-clicking the spawn object script node. So you CAN select creatures with scripts that are spawned in this way.

Wow, I had no idea that existed. Would this work for "DeleteObject" as well (for deleting objects created with the SpawnObject)?

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 04:21:49 PM »
It should work as a designation for any object trigger. So delete object should work on the 'last spawned' as well.