Author Topic: Game freezes when going from level 2 down to level 1  (Read 4282 times)

finglor

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Game freezes when going from level 2 down to level 1
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:54:25 PM »
Tried playing with 2 friends first of all we couldnt get to host and join any of our games. Tried portforwading 9995 etc.

Used hamachi and we were able to play.

After going up to level 2 and finding the other door that goes down to level 1 the game just freezes on the loading screen.

Not sure if related but game.log has this in it

Start game
Loading resources
Resource error: doodads/generic/trap_stalactite.xml: All doodad transitions must have existing from and to states
Loading Language
Initializing game
Resource error: : Could not find file: E:/Installed Programs/steam/steamapps/common/Hammerwatch/assets/levels/menu_2.xml.bin

devnull

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
    • NodeBB
Re: Game freezes when going from level 2 down to level 1
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 10:58:36 PM »
Yeah, we're running into this problem too! Similar setup to you as well. Hamachi, level 2 crash.
Check out NodeBB! Modern forums for the modern web.

psychobunny

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 11:02:39 PM »
+1 I'm having this problem and I really can't wait to get to level 3, I've already played level 1 and 2 about a dozen times and can probably beat it with my eyes closed. Bring on the fix!

p.s. you guys should use a more modern forum stack like http://try.nodebb.org/topic/236/hammerwatch, you guys should get in touch with us (leave us a message on our forum) and we'll try and hook you up with something!

finglor

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 04:30:33 AM »
Disabling all the network adapters other than the real one in the Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections fixed the problem. I had virtual box and hamachi ones there too.

devnull

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
    • NodeBB
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 04:49:21 AM »
thanks finglor! this fixed it for us.
Check out NodeBB! Modern forums for the modern web.