Author Topic: Multiplayer character not saving  (Read 23160 times)

Pzychobitch

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer character not saving
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 05:09:52 AM »
No admin reply so far? How unfortunate.
Are you guys aware of this problem now and try to fix it? A short statement would be great!

Thanks.
=>
Oh, that's true about there not being save points at the boss, I hadn't considered that. I will look deeper in to this, hopefully I'll be able to reproduce it.

He said AT the boss. And the whole problem has nothing to do with THAT issue. It's not saving ANY progress neither before nor after the boss for other players in the session.

jagetzu

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 11:48:15 PM »
I am experiencing the same issue. My friend's upgrades are gone but the money is refunded. This bug is really annoying please try to fix it. Thanks

greaseDonkey

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 11:56:23 PM »
Same here, we died at 3rd boss the 2nd or 3rd time and boom, friend character is gone.

And why can't we just click retry from last checkpoint? Why do we have to restart the current game?

Armag3ddon

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 07:06:36 PM »
Had the same bug with my friend yesterday, at the first boss. Here's a temporary solution that might help people until this gets fixed:

We downloaded the save game editor from here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/239070/discussions/0/648816742499208285/ (try to PM me if download doesn't work anymore)
We converted the save file (in your hammerwatch folder in /save) into an xml file and edited it right at the beginning:
Code: [Select]
<string name="level-id">boss_1</string>to
<string name="level-id">3</string>and put ourselves back into floor 3 where I could rebuy all my skills. After entering the boss level, we backuped the save game (because afterwards the bug occured almost evertime we wiped at the boss). I'd recommend to take backups of your savegame after that on a regular basis.

Might be that this doesn't work on another boss. At the end of the savegame file I found this:
<dictionary name="spawn-pos">
<float name="x">-24</float>
<float name="y">20.25</float>
</dictionary>
Which might be the player spawning position. So when you spawn somewhere stupid, I'd say edit these coordinates.

Pzychobitch

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »
Hey guys!

Came back to Hammerwatch after the Betapatch 1.21 arrived.
Thanks for fixing this problem! It works now as it's supposed to be.

For the ppl they do not have the Betapatch yet. U can take a look into the Steam Community Hub of Hammerwatch.

Or just follow this:

right click on Hammerwatch (Steam library) -> Properties -> Betas -> fill in the Betacode "hmw-beta-121" -> hit Check Code

after this goto the local files tab (same window) and click on "verify integrity of game chache" this will cause in downloading the Betapatch.

so far, THANKS AGAIN!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:34:00 PM by Pzychobitch »