Author Topic: Mini map not working, but...  (Read 3243 times)

Grombolar

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Mini map not working, but...
« on: December 19, 2013, 07:49:29 PM »
...I've a couple suggestions:

1. Add an option to make the mini map more simple'ish, so that at least it'd work for lower-end puters (as I've seen from gameplay, it moves & looks nice, but I'm more into gameplay & practicality than fancy looking stuff). It has a large part on finding the extra hidden bits, people playing with you & where to go, which brings me to...

2. If that's not possible, add more room colour variability to have some clue where you are, as every wall & such look the same (except the floor tiles at some places)...

3. In the most extreme case, upload maps of all the levels in some kind of an image format, perhaps (I know it might sound a bit like cheating, which I'm not a fan of - but when you've played a level, say, The Library for over an hour trying to find where the red door is in multiplayer, people get tired of wandering about aimlessly trying to find that *last bit*)?

This is not a rant by any means, I truly love the game & it's pretty darn fun in especially in multiplayer + a quick patch added in GoG version after Steam one was updaded. Keep up the good work, definitely worth the money!

+Rant: My FPS went to 4 from the usual 10-15 FPS (which was the worst before the update), gave me a BSoD, my system specs:
MS Windows XP Home SP3
Intel Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, 1.0GB RAM, Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family
I'd appreciate if you made any graphical improvements, to be able to disable them, because I didn't change any settings & every setting was the same before & after the update... Unplayable now.

*EDIT* -Rant: Sorry, it was Fraps which lowered it so much, pressed some video record button by mistake D:

Anyhow, some things, like gargoyles/spike traps tend to lower FPS nonetheless, even when they've been 'taken care of' for some odd reason.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:55:42 AM by Grombolar »