Author Topic: Water-Wall Transitions  (Read 6181 times)

ShipinShen

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Water-Wall Transitions
« on: August 10, 2015, 11:35:41 AM »
Hey Guys, this is my first post, please give me advise if this one is in wrong place.
I finally managed to finish the basic structure of my map.
Now I want to add some water to a "bay".. but I cant manage to place it near the ledges so it should look like in this Custom-Story (here's a screenshot -> http://media.moddb.com/images/downloads/1/70/69098/PiratesMODDB.jpg) When I am placing it near to the ledge it creates no transition so it doesnt look like the rocks are going into the water :/

Hope someone can help me

Thanks
Greetings Alex

P.S. Sorry for mistakes, english is not my mother language  :P

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Water-Wall Transitions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 04:53:50 PM »
Hi, those are custom doodads made by Amran. I'm sure he'll let you use them if you ask him nicely :)

ShipinShen

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 06:13:26 PM »
I already asked him on Steam, and finally he replied, I need to unpack his .hmw file but I dont know which program I need for.. still waiting for his answer, do you know the program ? Whenever I got the program we can close this thread, just tell me how haha :p

Greetings Alex

Amran

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 06:20:34 PM »
Here's a quote from Myran on unpacking hwm files. The Resource Extractor program mentioned can be found just under the ..\Hammerwatch\editor directory.

So, 'ResourceExtractor map piratecove.hwm' should do it!

You can actually do it with the regular ResourceExtractor program that's also used to unpack the assets.bin, just add the argument "map" to it, so something like:
ResourceExtractor.exe map generated.hwm

ShipinShen

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 09:15:50 PM »
Ok I found the program, but when I am trying to open it, a small black console windows opens and disappears after 0,5 sec :/
I managed to find out that I need to create a shortcut of the ResourceExtractor and changing the target to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hammerwatch\editor\ResourceExtractor.exe" map piratecove.hwm", but still the same.. getting crazy here -_-
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:16:48 AM by ShipinShen »

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 07:42:07 AM »
No, only add map at the end of the shortcut. Like this ... Hammerwatch\editor\ResourceExtractor.exe" map

ShipinShen

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 09:53:55 AM »
Still dont work :/
Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hammerwatch\editor\ResourceExtractor.exe" map
Execute in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hammerwatch\editor"

ShipinShen

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 10:28:51 AM »
Jesus, I managed to do it. It's always the little mistake :D
Solution: Create a Desktop Shortcut of the ResourceExtractor.exe, drag it into the editor folder - right click properties - change the target to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hammerwatch\editor\ResourceExtractor.exe" map
Then you need to copy the map you want into the editor folder and simply drag it onto the created shortcut.. a new folder with the name of the map will appear.

Thanks all for the help :)!

Now I need to figure out how to use those custom doodads :D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:30:34 AM by ShipinShen »