Author Topic: Range on Melee  (Read 3171 times)

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Range on Melee
« on: September 12, 2013, 03:19:43 AM »
I'm trying to have a mob that acts as melee but with a long range. I've tried setting it as a ranged with an invisible projectile but that just causes all kinds of issues. Melee range is based on their collision - so as far as their 'range' is, the player can also hit them from that range, which kinda defeats the purpose. Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying that I'm missing maybe?

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Range on Melee
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 03:35:38 AM »
I'm trying to have a mob that acts as melee but with a long range. I've tried setting it as a ranged with an invisible projectile but that just causes all kinds of issues. Melee range is based on their collision - so as far as their 'range' is, the player can also hit them from that range, which kinda defeats the purpose. Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying that I'm missing maybe?

what do you mean by long range? Like aggro range or attack range or etc.?

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Range on Melee
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 03:43:40 AM »
Not aggro range, not max range which is how far they chase, just the rnge they can attack at melee. As I understand it that's set by the collision, which doubles as the effective "size" of the hitbox, which I want to avoid.