Author Topic: [Mac] 2 problems : Xbox controller and connection  (Read 3590 times)

Sined

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
[Mac] 2 problems : Xbox controller and connection
« on: November 30, 2013, 05:36:53 PM »
Hi everyone !
I come here to seek for your wisdom, here's the base : I play on a Macbook pro through steam.
Here is the first problem : I play with a Xbox 360 controller that works perfectly with other games like Rogue legacy or Trine 2, or whatever, but in Hammerwatch it's not responding at all. I saw online that many people seemed to encounter this problem, will they be an update soon ?

And the second problem : We tried yesterday to play each from our computer, on the same connection, but online (to be able to join other friends), and it was really impossible to join each other server, there was always a question mark instead of the ping. I'm on mac and he's on pc, and we were on the same connection, here in France (if that even matters).

Thanks in advance, I hope that these are just soon-to-be fixed bug because we still played in local multiplayer and it was good fun !

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
Re: [Mac] 2 problems : Xbox controller and connection
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 03:39:41 PM »
Got those 2 problems too on my MBP mid 2012 :

1/ Download and install Gamepad Companion 3.1 (436kb to download, just, you know... google it ;D ). Set in game controller to keyboard and configure Gamepad Companion according to your controller and your keyboard map (the joystick might not work properly).

2/ About the connection, open the TCP and UDP port 9995 both in your routeur and in your Mac firewall. For the Firewall it can be tricky :
- Launch the Terminal
- Type those 2 command lines :

sudo ipfw add 100 fwd 127.0.0.1,9995 tcp from any to any 9995 in
sudo ipfw add 100 fwd 127.0.0.1,9995 udp from any to any 9995 in

You'll be prompted to type your password. Just type it even if nothing is appearing in the Terminal, it will work :) !

Ajoute moi comme ami sur Steam aussi  ;D : Grokitach
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:52:11 PM by Grokitach »