Author Topic: [Linux] Cannot move character after switching workspaces  (Read 3513 times)

prg318

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
[Linux] Cannot move character after switching workspaces
« on: August 15, 2013, 12:53:33 PM »
Hi there,

I've ran into a bug with the Steam version of Hammerwatch for Linux that I wanted to bring to the attention of the developers. 

System info: 
Arch Linux (64 bit)
AMD Phenom 2 x4
Nvidia gtx 580
xorg 1.14.2

Issue:
If the Hammerwatch window is moved to another workspace, a player using the keyboard to control his character will not be able to move the character.  Pressing the default W, S, A, D movement keys will only change the direction of the character, but he will not move.

Steps to reproduce:
Start Hammerwatch in windowed mode.
Switch the hammerwatch window to another workspace.
Switch the window manager to the workspace that hammerwatch has been switched to.
Attempt to move the hero with the keyboard.

I've tested this with the i3 window manager.  Please let me know if there is any other information I am able to provide - I would love to see this get resolved.

dave

• ..needs food badly!
    • View Profile
Re: [Linux] Cannot move character after switching workspaces
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 08:16:20 PM »
I've tried this with xfwm4 and compiz, but both function properly.  Hard to say if it's actually a Hammerwatch problem, or something to do with i3 and/or Mono.  I'd say it sounds like a window focus problem, but then you can still apparently control the character's direction.  Pretty weird.

I realize this is a longshot, but have you tried hitting the 'Hold' key (LShift?) after the switch?  That is, because the character seems effectively stuck doing what the hold key does.