Custom mapping and Mods > Resources

Need some help, not sure how to do this.

<< < (3/4) > >>

Dai Tou Zai:
Recently iv been working on a stationary boss, I'm not sure what the problem is but it looks weird, anybody got any advice to make it not look weird like it does now?

i kind of want to morph it into the dragon wall but im not sure how to go about it

Hipshot:
Hmm, what is it?

Dai Tou Zai:

--- Quote from: Hipshot on November 08, 2014, 12:41:17 PM ---Hmm, what is it?

--- End quote ---
Not exactly sure tbh lol, just something i came up with maybe i need to elongate it to make it not look weird?

ChrisN:
It depends on what you want to do with this character.
I think you should define more what this creature is and maybe look at other references or at least try to find some, this will help you a lot when making the creature.

I've also made some pointers and a fast paintover on things that could help you to improve the creature

(I made two versions because I was sure if those things sticking out was horns, easy to mix up stuff when it comes into pixel art)

I've added
More contrast to the skin
No outlines
Added shadows and highlights

These are all attributes that we apply on hammerwatch characters :)

Hope these points help you!

Dai Tou Zai:

--- Quote from: ChrisN on November 08, 2014, 11:07:14 PM ---It depends on what you want to do with this character.
I think you should define more what this creature is and maybe look at other references or at least try to find some, this will help you a lot when making the creature.

I've also made some pointers and a fast paintover on things that could help you to improve the creature

(I made two versions because I was sure if those things sticking out was horns, easy to mix up stuff when it comes into pixel art)

I've added
More contrast to the skin
No outlines
Added shadows and highlights

These are all attributes that we apply on hammerwatch characters :)

Hope these points help you!

--- End quote ---
Wow, you did an amazing job chris thanks alot for the helpful advice, i think i now know what i want to, im going to make it a monster that comes from the sand (Kind of like the sand worm from the 2nd campaign), but it will have an arrange of attacks and it wont be so movey like the sand worm thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version